Need Acne Treatment? New Jersey Beaura Spa has all you need to know about Retin A.
Tretinoin or sometimes better known as Retin A is a derivative of Vitamin A and is the acne treatment choice for comedonal acne or whiteheads and blackheads. It works by increasing skin cell turnover promoting the extrusion of the plugged material in the follicle. It also prevents the formation of new comedones. Tretinoin is the ONLY topical medication that has been proven to improve wrinkles.
The effects of increased cell turnover can be very irritating and flaking. For this reason, many people stop using Retin-A after a couple of days to weeks, believing that it didn’t work. It is important to realize that Retin-A is very effective for whiteheads and blackheads but it may take 6-9 weeks to see a noticeable difference. It takes at least 6 months to see a noticeable difference in wrinkles. The best benefit is seen if Retin-A is used for at least a year.
Below are just a few guidelines that may make it easier to take this great medicine:
- Apply Retin-A in a thin layer at night. A small amount goes a long way
- In the morning, wash your face with a mild facial scrub or rough wash cloth. This will help reduce the noticeable flaking
- After washing, apply a good water-based moisturizer. The moisturizer will make the drying effect of the medicine more tolerable
- Apply sunscreen anytime you are exposed to the sun even for a short amount of time. Tretinoin makes you more susceptible to sunburn
- When first using Retin-A, apply every other night or every 3rd night. The flaking and irritation side effects are usually the worst in the first 2 weeks. As you skin adjusts, you can apply more frequently
- If you notice an increase in the irritation or flaking, it’s ok to take a break for a couple of days
- Don’t stop using completely without consulting your skincare provider
The Beaura Spa at the Parker Center offers full service acne treatment New Jersey residents will enjoy in comforting atmosphere. Experience the latest trends in skin care and massage therapy combined with products to enhance your appearance. Visit us today at http://www.parkercenterspa.net/ or call 201-967-1756 to learn more about our services.